There is no limit to how many photos a Subject can have. One of them is the Main Photo and this is the one that shows on the page, on Subject search results and on Database Items that reference the Subject.
Here some general guidance
- A bad photo is better than no photo (and it can be replaced as Main Photo with a more suitable image later).
- Similarly, more photos are better than fewer photos.
- Images with no watermarks are MUCH preferred (but a bad photo is still better than none ;-).
- We generally do not delete images unless they are duplicates, wrong for the Subject, or violate somebody's copyrights. If a photo needs to be deleted please flag it.
- All images have a field for a caption that allows to call out relevant details.
- Ideally, photos of logos etc have a clear background, unless the item is white or almost white when a black background works best (we highly recommend remove.bg, a free website that does an excellent job in removing backgrounds.